After lockdown the Practice has been gradually increasing the level of dental care available to patients while following the Scottish Government’s Covid guidelines.
Following the government’s recent announcement, we will be able to provide a wider range of NHS dental treatments from November 2nd.
However, to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we need to apply strict social distancing measures and strict protocols. Applying these measures significantly limits our resources and reduces the number of patients we can see on a daily basis.
Our first priority are dental emergencies. We need to be available for those patients who are experiencing dental pain and require our urgent attention.
For those patients with outstanding dental treatment from before and during lockdown, we will be in contact with you in due course to arrange your treatment.
Routine treatment is not currently available but there are a limited number of Dental Hygienist appointments – please call reception on 01292 263550 for advice.
New Patient Registrations
What should you do if you need assistance?
Between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday
Call the practice reception on 01292 263550. You may be redirected to our answering service. If so, leave a message with your name, number and a short description of your problem. We will return your call as soon as possible.
After 6pm and at weekends
Call NHS 24 on 111 who will give you advice
We request that facemasks are worn when attending the practice and hand hygiene is carried out as requested. Thank you.
Your care is paramount for the Dental team at Barns Dental Practice and in these challenging times we will strive to ensure that you are cared for.
Barns Dental Practice
Why choose us
- We are an ethical, long-established practice
- Our central aim is to establish and maintain excellent dental health for the whole family through Preventive Dental Care
- We offer a full range of treatments – from general dental care to more specialised treatments like dental implants and aesthetic treatment to improve your smile.
- Access to the practice is easier due to our extended opening hours for those who require evening or early morning appointments
- We have extensive experience in treating patients anxious about dental treatment
- We have a ground floor suite of treatment rooms for those who have difficulty with stairs
- For those who require wheelchair access, we have a ramp and disabled parking at the rear of the practice.
- Our on–site dental laboratory provides prompt repairs to dentures, usually on the same day.
- A full medical history is taken at the start of each course of treatment to ensure your safety.