After guidance issued on 24th March by the Scottish Government Chief Dental Officer, Barns Dental Practice are having to implement the recommended changes as follows:
Routine Dental Care
All routine dental care has been cancelled at the practice. This is the current status throughout Scotland aimed at reducing the spread of the virus.
Between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday
If you have dental pain that is not controllable with over-the-counter painkillers, please contact the practice where our answerphone will direct you to a dentist for advice. The dentist will contact you as soon as possible.
After 6pm and at weekends
Call NHS 24 on 111 who will give you advice
Please be aware that at the present time we are unable to carry out physical treatment at the practice. We can give advice and provide you with medication - analgesics and antibiotics - to relieve the pain and infection if present.
All emergency dental treatment will be carried out at treatment centres in Ayrshire where the correct precautions are available to ensure your safety, the safety of those you live with and the safety of dental care staff.
Barns Dental Practice
Why choose us
- We are an ethical, long-established practice
- Our central aim is to establish and maintain excellent dental health for the whole family through Preventive Dental Care
- We offer a full range of treatments – from general dental care to more specialised treatments like dental implants and aesthetic treatment to improve your smile.
- Access to the practice is easier due to our extended opening hours for those who require evening or early morning appointments
- We have extensive experience in treating patients anxious about dental treatment
- We have a ground floor suite of treatment rooms for those who have difficulty with stairs
- For those who require wheelchair access, we have a ramp and disabled parking at the rear of the practice.
- Our on–site dental laboratory provides prompt repairs to dentures, usually on the same day.
- A full medical history is taken at the start of each course of treatment to ensure your safety.