Our Practice has been gradually increasing the level of dental care available to patients while strictly following the Scottish Government’s Covid guidelines.
We are open our normal hours of Monday to Thursday 8am to 8pm and Friday 8am to 3pm
Our current availability is targeting the following groups:
- Dental Emergencies and Urgent Treatment Our first priorities are dental emergencies and the treatment of urgent conditions. We need to be available for those patients who are experiencing dental pain or who require our urgent attention to prevent the onset of pain.
- Dentures We are also available for the replacement and repair to dentures.
- High Risk Patients Medically and dentally compromised patients are a high priority group.
Routine check-ups are resuming with appointments for children being prioritized. We endeavour to get in touch with rest of our patients as soon as feasible. To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we continue to apply strict social distancing measures and strict clinical protocols to avoid the transmission of Covid-19. Applying these measures significantly limits our resources and reduces the number of patients we can see for a check up on a daily basis.
New Patient Registrations
What should you do if you need assistance?
Between 8am and 8pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3pm on Friday
Call the practice reception on 01292 263550. You may be redirected to our answering service. If so, leave a message with your name, number and a short description of your problem. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Outside these hours and at weekends please call NHS 24 on 111 who will give you advice
We request that facemasks are worn when attending the practice and hand hygiene is carried out as requested. Thank you.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding during these difficult times. Your care is paramount for the Dental team at Barns Dental Practice and in these challenging times we will strive to ensure that you are cared for.
Barns Dental Practice
Why choose us
- We are an ethical, long-established practice
- Our central aim is to establish and maintain excellent dental health for the whole family through Preventive Dental Care
- We offer a full range of treatments – from general dental care to more specialised treatments like dental implants and aesthetic treatment to improve your smile.
- Access to the practice is easier due to our extended opening hours for those who require evening or early morning appointments
- We have extensive experience in treating patients anxious about dental treatment
- We have a ground floor suite of treatment rooms for those who have difficulty with stairs
- For those who require wheelchair access, we have a ramp and disabled parking at the rear of the practice.
- Our on–site dental laboratory provides prompt repairs to dentures, usually on the same day.
- A full medical history is taken at the start of each course of treatment to ensure your safety.